1. Where did you train and in what did you specialize?
I’ve trained at FBI School of Pastry in Randburg and got an Advance Diploma in pastry.
2. What do you prefer to cook? Savoury or sweet and why?
Even though I’ve specialised in Pastry, I like cooking savoury because it gives me more freedom to play around with different flavours making the kitchen more fun.
3. Being in the bush, how do you stay inspired and keep up with the trends?
To stay inspired I use social media and the internet but most off all I stay inspired with my chef colleagues.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I want to travel the world, to learn new things, different cuisines, and cooking styles.
I want to use my profession to see the world.
5. What is your signature dish?
Chicken enchiladas served with an avocado puree and tomato salsa and deep fried tomato skins
6. What makes this dish special to you?
When the previous chef I worked with made the enchiladas I took the dish, added a few more things and made it my own. I also love cooking Mexican food because off all the strong flavours and produce Mexicans cook with.