1. Did you get your culinary talent from someone in the family?
No, my culinary talent was awakened by Robert Bowman & Shon Monroo, who then also trained me what I know today.
2. Do you still see yourself as an active chef in 10 years?
Yes of course! As we all know, food today is a fashion, it’s like clothes, people can’t live without the best food and all the upcoming trends. It’s our job as a chef to keep our guests satisfied for as long as we can.
3. How do you stay inspired?
To stay inspired, I try to keep up with new trends. There are lots of dietaries popping up and keeping up with that alone keeps me inspired.
4. When the day comes that you are doing your last service and you can choose who you want at the dining table, who would you choose?
Ed Zeeman, Anka Reijnen & Gordon Ramsay
My last service should be like any other service and I would like honest and straight forward guests so that I know in my heart that any judgment coming from them on my last service will be truthful.
5. What is your signature dish?
Grilled beef fillet on a vegetable stack served with a port jus
6. What makes this dish special to you?
It’s a versatile dish that not only accommodates meat lovers but also lactose intolerant and gluten intolerant guests.