Meet Chef Sikelela Ntintili
1. When did you realise you have a passion for food & cooking?
I used to cook with my mother and grandmother, especially on Sundays when we all came together. When I was 10 years old I realised that this is my passion.
2. Did you have training in Culinary arts?
Yes, I’ve trained at Mafikeng Hotel school and graduated with a national diploma in professional cooking.
3. What famous chef inspires you?
I am drawn to the simplicity of his recipes and how he combines fresh ingredients into his dishes.
4. What is your favourite equipment in a kitchen that you can’t cook without?
I cannot work without a food processor because I like to play and incorporate different purees, oils, and fresh pesto’s into my dishes.
5. What is your signature dish?
Cider braised Pork belly with a pineapple salsa, caramelised apple and served with a red curry & coconut sauce
6. What makes this dish special to you?
At home, we love to cook and eat pork. This dish I Love to cook when I am at home. To me its special because it makes me feel at home.