Our chefs are passionate about developing their own recipes and dishes. Chef Funi created this decadent breakfast dish: Sundried tomato waffle, served with a poached egg, wilted spinach, guacamole, and wholegrain mustard hollandaise.
We hope you enjoy cooking it as much as you enjoy eating it!
Recipe Serves 4
Sundried tomato Waffles
210g Cake flour
15ml Baking Powder
2 Eggs, separated
50ml Melted Butter
45g Sun dried tomatoes (preferably the one you buy in oil)
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the egg yolks, melted butter, milk, and sundried tomatoes together.
- In a mixer, add all the ingredients and mix until combined and sun dried tomatoes are broken up
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks and fold into the mixture
- Allow to rest for an hour.
- Heat a waffle iron and make the waffles
- Cut into desired shapes
Poached eggs and wilted spinach
Pot filled with vinegar water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring your vinegar water to a boil, stir with a spoon to make a swirl and add your eggs into that swirl, reduce heat to poached the eggs
- When eggs reached desired doneness, take out and dry on paper towel
- Steam the spinach in a large pan with a little bit of butter and water until wilted. Season with salt & pepper and assemble.
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt & pepper to season
- Mash up the avocadoes with a fork
- Season with lemon juice, salt & pepper
Whole grain mustard hollandaise sauce
15ml white wine
15 ml white wine vinegar
15 ml whole grain mustard
250g butter melted, and foam removed
3 egg yolks
Salt to taste
Squeeze of lemon juice
- In a small pan, reduce the wine and vinegar until alcohol is cooked out
- Over a pot of simmering water, whisk the yolks with the reduction and whole grain mustard until ribbon stage
- Take of the heat and slowly incorporate the melted butter
- Season to taste with salt and lemon juice
Put the spinach on the sundried tomato waffle, top with the poached egg, and drizzle with the hollandaise sauce. Serve the guacamole on the side.