Serves Serves 12
Ingredients for torte
175g tennis/digestive biscuits, crushed 85g butter, melted
1 can (360g) caramel treat (dulce de leche)
1 teaspoon sea salt
300g plain dark chocolate
25g Icing sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Speckled eggs to decorate
• Grease a large tart tin or several small ones
• Mix the crushed biscuits with melted butter and press into the tart tin. Chill for 10 minutes.
• Stir the sea salt into the caramel treat and spoon into the centre of the biscuit base. Gently spread so the base is evenly covered but a visible 1-2cm border of biscuits remains around the edge. Chill while you are making the chocolate layer.
• Melt the chocolate and then stir in the cream until smooth. Shift in the icing sugar and stir in the vanilla essence. Pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel, covering the edges first, sealing the caramel in the middle; gently shake to smooth the surface.
• Chill for at least 5hours or 24 hours, until firm.
• Remove torte from the tart tin and serve Speckled eggs to decorate