- Eggs x 5
- Ground Almonds x 140g
- Powder Sugar x 140g
- Flour x 30g
- Melted Butter x 30g
- Egg Whites of 5 eggs
- Sugar x 30g
- Salt x 1 g
Coffee Butter Cream
- Egg yolks x 5
- Sugar x 150g
- Water x 45ml
- Coffee x 4ml
- Butter x 250g
- Sift flour and almonds then cream sugar with eggs until light and fluffy
- Fold in the almond mixture and the egg white mixture together then transfer to baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
- For the butter cream, mix the eggs in a heat proof bowl until creamy over bain-marie style
- Simmer in sauce pan and pour egg white mixture at 115 degrees then add the butter until well incorporated.
- For the glaze melt 200g of dark chocolate with 30ml of canola oil, stir until well incorporated.
- Layer your sponge with coffee, cream butter then repeat until the desired thickness is achieved then glaze the cake.
- Unsalted butter x 25g
- Plain flour x 30g
- Walnuts x 25g
- Brown sugar x 25g
- Ground cinnamon x pinch
Combine all the ingredients together then add melted butter and mix until a crumb is formed, bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes while stirring in between every 4 minutes.
- Egg yolks x 4
- Castor sugar x 100g
- Vanilla pod 1 1 whole
- Cream x 125ml
- Milk x 375ml
- Chocolate x 80g
- Whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl until almost white then boil the milk with the vanilla pod in a thick based pan.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar well then return to the cleaned saucepan and place on low heat.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips until melted then pass through a strainer into a bowl and churn in the ice cream maker.
- Egg yolks x 80ml
- Stock syrup x 125ml
- Bitter couverture x 250g
- Leaf gelatine
- Whipping cream
- Boil the syrup, place yolks in food mixer, add syrup while whisking util thick
- Add all the couverture at once and fold in quickly then drain the soaked gelatine, melt in and fold it into the chocolate sabayon mixture.
- Add the whipped cream at once and fold it in carefully then place the mixture into the prepared moulds, refrigerate or freeze immediately.
Plate up and garnish with edible flowers.